Unless it is the middle of the summer, we that are lucky enough to live here in beautiful central Florida, don’t pay much attention to our air conditioner, until it doesn’t work. Then it becomes priority #1 to get it back up and running. Unless you are lucky enough to have an HVAC professional living in your home, that means a service call that can potentially dip into the already stressed wallet.
While there may be a few different things that you can do to keep your unit running at peak performance, there is one thing that you can do to save yourself a world of headaches down the road. Change Your Filter!! That’s right, just changing your air filter can save a good bit of money in the short term and a boat load of cash in the long run.
Here are 5 reasons that you should change you’re A/C filter regularly. Changing your filter will:
- Keep your unit functioning properly. Many things are in the air that we breathe. More than just the oxygen that we need, there are pollutants, dust, dander and allergens just to name a few. These things are not only bad for your physical health; they can also wreak havoc on your HVAC system. The inner parts can get clogged causing the system to function inefficiently and lead to a more serious problem.
- 2. Save you time. No one likes sitting around waiting for a repairman to come and service our broken appliances. There are many things that we can find to do with our time and sitting around in the heat is probably not one of them. The 5 minutes that it takes to change your filter can save you hours down the road.
- 3. Save the environment. When your A/C filter is clogged the whole system is affected including the energy that is needed to run it. Wasted energy means more pollution from energy processing. Top energy sources for the United States include natural gas, coal, and petroleum, many of which have been proven to both pollute the air and add greenhouse gas emissions to the atmosphere, which is considered one of the main causes of global warming.
- 4. Better air quality for you and your family. We all want is best for the ones that we hold dear whether it is our spouse, children or even our pets. When your air filter is dirty and clogged, all those pollutants are pushed right back into the air that is being breathed. Many different types of lung problems such as asthma can be soothed by a properly functioning system.
- 5. Better for your wallet. When all else fails look at the money that you can save yourself. 5 minutes every 30-60 days can save you a lot of time and trouble in the long run.
There are a few different factors to take into account on exactly when to change your filter like pets, how many, allergies, season etc… so check with your service provider on your specific needs. Or if all this still sounds too much for you, Southeastern Refrigeration & Air Conditioning would be happy to discuss all the options that you have to take care of your specific needs. Also ask us about our maintenance program to take all the worry of your shoulders.